Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap) - Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Medicare Supplement plans are standard across the United States. Every Medicare Supplement policy must follow federal and state laws designed to protect you. All policies offer the same basic benefits, but some offer additional benefits so you can choose which one meets your needs. Due to the skyrocketing costs of healthcare, the majority of seniors in the U.S. currently choose Medicare Supplemental insurance.

What is a Medicare Supplement Plan?

Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) only pays for 80% of your Medicare related bills. This leaves you responsible to pay the remaining 20%. These costs include copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, etc. that you are responsible for paying.

This 20% is known as the Coverage Gap. It’s difficult to predict how much out-of-pocket costs will be. Many people choose to supplement their Medicare coverage with a Medigap plan, also known as a Medicare Supplement plan. Medicare Supplement insurance enhances Original Medicare by paying for medical expenses in that 20% gap.

With a Medicare Supplement plan there is normally a low monthly premium. A number of factors determine your monthly premium. These factors include: the zip code of your primary residence, your age, gender and whether or not you’re using tobacco products.

Do I Need Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

Once you are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B, you are only covered for up to 80% of your Medicare related bills. This means that you are responsible to pay the remaining 20% of your medical bills. These costs include copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, etc.

For example, suppose that you require surgery at the local hospital. The cost for Medicare approved services and expenses total $100,000. Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) will pay $80,000 of the bill. Without a Medicare Supplement policy in effect, you are responsible for the balance of $20,000.

But if you purchased a Medicare Supplement policy, it can cover the remaining $20,000 or 20%. Your Medicare related costs will be 100% covered when you enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan. This keeps your financial retirement secure.

When you buy Medicare Supplemental insurance that extra 20% can be covered. It’s difficult to predict how much out-of-pocket costs will be. So, to be fully covered, many seniors choose Medicare Supplemental insurance (a.k.a. Medicare Supplement plan or Medigap plan).

What Are the Benefits of Medicare Supplement Plans?

With Medicare Supplement plans there will be a monthly fee. However, the value outshines the price. To be fully covered by Medicare, you must pair Part A and Part B with Medicare Supplement plans.

The best part is that you are not limited with Medicare Supplemental insurance. You will be covered medically, wherever Medicare Part A and Part B is accepted in the United States. You are NOT limited to a local network of doctors, hospitals and specialists.

Why Use Us for Medicare Supplement Insurance

With thousands of choices of different insurance agents and brokers to handle your Medicare Supplement plan, why use us? The answer is simple, we offer amazing benefits maximizing your health coverage while keeping your budget in mind.

Additionally, you can expect to receive high-quality customer service with the following benefits.

Change Plans Any Time of the Year

By choosing a Medicare Supplement plan through MedicareInc.com, you can change your coverage at any time of the year (pending underwriting approval). Unlike other plans, like Medicare Advantage, you are limited to a small window each year if you want to switch plans.

Your Plan Letter Determines Coverage, Not the Carrier

When you select a Medicare Supplement Plan, your coverage is determined by the letter of your Supplement, not by the insurance provider. This means that it does not matter which company provides you with insurance. Your Medicare Supplement plan comes with an assigned letter and that will determine your coverage. There is no advantage or difference in choosing one insurance carrier over another.

We Work for You at No Cost

Agents with MedicareInc.com work for you, not for the insurance company. Our number one goal is to make sure that you are in control of your healthcare and are happy with the choices you are making. We do not push any plans or specific insurance companies for our benefit. We provide you with the best all-around options.

You Get the Best Coverage at the Lowest Price

You can search for a Medicare Supplement Plan on your own. The hard part will be knowing if you are getting the best price. We can show you the best prices for the best coverage, quickly and easily. You can take the guesswork out of pricing by shopping with us.

You Get Access to Top A-Rated Carriers

When we do the shopping, you know that only the best-priced plans with top, A-rated carriers are going to show up.

Looking for a Medicare Plan?

Find a Medicare Supplement Plan That’s Right for You

Looking for a Medicare Plan?

Learn more by reading our suggested knowledge base article Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment.