There is nobody in all of Arizona that understands Medicare Supplements better than Medicareinc.com. For the best Medicare Supplement tips in Arizona, you have come to the right place. With over a decade of experience in helping thousands of seniors make healthcare decisions, Medicareinc.com is here for you too.
Whether you are turning 65 soon, have questions about your current healthcare or know someone who needs help, there is no better place to be. Let us guide you through the Medicare maze so you can make the best decision about your health and insurance after turning 65.
Here are the top Medicare Supplement Tips in Arizona!
1. Medicare Supplements in Arizona Are Different From Medicare Advantage Plans
To summarize Medicare, when you enroll, Medicare Part A&B will only cover 80% of your Medicare-related costs. This leaves you to cover the other 20% of the bill. Most seniors must then opt between Medicare Supplement Plans (also known as Medigap) or Medicare Advantage.
Many seniors will flock to Medicare Advantage plans because they are advertised as having a zero monthly premium with coverage for dental, vision, and hearing. Please take heed of caution here. What most seniors fail to realize is that any insurance agency cannot survive if its members are not paying a monthly fee.
So how does Medicare Advantage make money? They do charge you when you go to use your insurance. Typically, seniors are charged a maximum out-of-pocket of an average $8300 (that’s a $2000 increase for 2023)! Additionally, the coverage for dental, hearing, and vision is very minimal.
When you shop with Medicareinc.com, we show you all your options. However, we typically strive to put seniors in Medicare Supplement Plans in Arizona. While there is a monthly fee, it is nominal compared to the coverage and flexibility. A Medicare Supplement Plan in Arizona is typically the best choice for Medicare coverage.
2. There is No Underwriting During Your Initial Enrollment Window
Another hot tip is that there is no underwriting requirement when you first enroll in Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement Plan in Arizona. This means that your health is not taken into consideration for coverage. Typically, you will only have one opportunity to enroll in Medicare without underwriting. Be sure to make a wise decision during this time.
3. All Medicare Supplements in Arizona Have the Exact Same Coverage
It is important to understand that all Medicare Supplements in Arizona have the exact same coverage. The only difference between any Medicare Supplement in Arizona is the price!
We like to use the potato chip analogy. When you go into two different grocery stores and they both have a bag of Lays potato chips, you will get the exact same type of chip no matter which store you buy it from. However, there could be a difference in price. That is how Medicare Supplements in Arizona work. Again, they all have the same coverage, they just come from different stores with different prices. The good news is that Medicareinc.com can quickly and easily shop the market for you!
4. Use a Medicare Broker When Choosing a Medicare Supplement in Arizona
When it’s time to enroll in Medicare for the first time, you might be overwhelmed and inundated with information. It is important that when you sign up for medicare, you use an experienced Medicare broker for choosing a Medicare supplement in Arizona. The reason for this is that Medicare brokers have access to all the insurance carriers and their products. you will get the best service and the best product by using a licensed Medicare broker in Arizona.
5. Be Careful of Advice with Medicare Supplements in Arizona
One thing we hear often from our clients is that they were told this or that from their friend, neighbor, family member, church member, etc. The problem is that when they start off with this story, it usually ends up with very inaccurate information. The best-intentioned and loving people can often give really bad and sometimes even harmful information.
You should take every bit of advice with a grain of salt. Then take that grain of salt to us. We can iron out any inconsistencies or untruths.
Final Thoughts on Medicare Supplement Tips in Arizona
As you can see, there is a lot of information when it comes to Medicare Supplements in Arizona. The good news is you do not have to sift through it all on your own. just call MedicareInc.com and we can help guide you through the Medicare maze.